Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holidays..

With the holidays approaching I have definitely felt a little anxiety over the impending amount of things that my children are going to receive that we do not need. It's an extremely stressful time for me and about the only time of year I'm thankful that I do not have a large family and am not exceptionally close to those I have. Most people do not value living simply anymore and it makes me very sad. So in an effort to do what I can I have been doing the following: *Destashing diapers that I do not love and we do not need. Especially now that our 2 year old is potty learning. *Giving away some of my older daughter's clothes that I do not want to hang onto for 3+ years until our younger daughter can wear them. *Asking friends and family to be very conscientious when buying my children things. Especially to purchase needs and not wants. *Encouraging my husband to do the same. Buy things for me that I need, not want. Hopefully I can also encourage my children to get rid of some things they do not love anymore and can go onto a new home. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment